Welcome to Health Care Communicators of San Diego County
Welcome to Health Care Communicators (HCC) of San Diego and Imperial Counties. Since 1977, HCC has served as a valuable networking resource for the region's health care marketing and communications professionals. Dedicated to increasing awareness about the important issues in health care today, HCC is the only local organization of its kind representing the health care, biotech and medical device industries through communications, advertising, marketing, graphic design and public relations.
Keep up with events, luncheons, announcements and other news about HCC San Diego. Click here to subscribe to HCC's e-blasts.
Stay tuned for upcoming events
Events Co-Chair Position Open on the HCC San Diego Board!
The HCC San Diego board is looking for a dedicated person to fill the Events Co-Chair position. Serving on the board is a fun and rewarding experience. As Events Co-Chair, you'll lead efforts in planning networking and professional development events through spring 2015. Email HCCSD president Hillary Schuler-Jones for more information: firstname.lastname@example.org
- HCC held a networking happy hour event on Feb. 19, 2015, at the Glass Door in Little Italy. We hope to see you at our next event.
- HCC served more than 200 dinner meals at the Ronald McDonald House on Feb. 4, 2015. Three board members and several other volunteers spent three hours preparing and serving meals for parents of children receiving care at Rady Children’s Hospital. This wonderful benefit offered at the Ronald McDonald House provides a hot meal and the comforts of home while their little ones are receiving care at the hospital. HCC is a proud supporter of the Ronald McDonald House. Stay tuned for future volunteer events.
- On Nov. 18, 2014, HCC held an expert panel luncheon on Pandemic Without Panic: Communicating with the Public About Ebola, Enterovirus and Other Infectious Diseases. Panelists included Dr. John Bradley, Director of the Division of Infectious Diseases at Rady Children's Hospital-San Diego and a professor and chief of the Division of Infectious Diseases at UC San Diego School of Medicine; John Cihomsky, Vice President of Sharp HealthCare Public Relations and Communications; and Dr. Wilma Wooten, Public Health Officer at the County Health and Human Services Agency. The event was moderated by Marcella Lee, Weekend Anchor/Reporter at CBS 8 KFMB.
- HCC held a happy hour networking event on Nov. 6, 2014, at Cozymel's in UTC. Thanks to all who attended! If you missed it, we hope to see you at our next event!
- HCC hosted a Morning Coffee Social for members and friends on Sept. 25 and Aug. 28, 2014, at the Corner Bakery Cafe in UTC and Mission Valley, respectively. Look out for more socials in the future.
- HCC members and colleagues received a studio tour of KGTV ABC 10 on Thursday, Aug. 21, 2014. This was a very fun and informative event with a behind-the-scenes look of the studio and Q&A with staff. Attendees received many helpful tips on working with assignment editors and reporters.
- HCC's Finest Awards, presented by AMN Healthcare, was held on Thursday, April 10, 2014, at the San Diego Central Library. Click here for a list of award recipients. Event photos are posted on our Facebook page.
- We received more than 80 applications for the 11th Annual Scholarship Essay Contest. Students pursuing the field of health care were invited for an opportunity to win a $2,000 scholarship, courtesy of AMN Healthcare. Best of luck to the applicants. We'll be announcing the scholarship recipient at the Finest Awards ceremony on Thursday, April 10, 2014. Click here for more information about the annual scholarship.
- On Feb. 19, 2014, HCC held an educational luncheon titled Direct Marketing Success in a Digital World. Mike Chiricuzio, president of LAK Advertising and VDP Direct led a presentation about the importance of establishing a solid direct marketing strategy.
- Goodway Group Vice President Dan Mauch presented Doing Healthcare Digital Marketing Right on Jan. 16, 2014. Attendees gathered at Scripps Memorial Hospital, La Jolla Schaetzel Center, to learn how to plan and execute a successful online marketing campaign.